Name: Gerald Tan
DOB: 17 October 1982
Speciality: Touring Cars/GT Cars/Sprint/Endurance Racing & Time Attacks
- 25 Hours of SPA Fun Cup (2014)
- 12 Hours of Italy – Mugello (2014)
- 24 Hours of Barcelona (2012, 2013)
- 24 Hours Britcar Silverstone (2012)
- 24 Hours of Dubai (2011)
- 12 Hours of Sepang (2008, 2009, 2010, 2014,2015)
- Sepang 1000km (2015)
- Malaysian Super Series (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
- Singapore Touring Car Challenge (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Time Attacks (2007 – 2014)
- Represented Singapore in Tenpin Bowling (National Team)
- Bowled a perfect 300 game
- Played Golf for Team Singapore in the Asian University Games (SMU)
- Represented Singapore Island Country Club (SICC) in the “A” Division Inter-club Golf Championships
- Represented ACPS, ACS(I) in “C” and “B” division badminton championships
- Won the ACJC Snooker Competition
- Represented SICC in the Inter-club Snooker Championships
Hobbies: Playing soccer and golfing
“I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, I am designed to win” – Ayrton Senna
To win an international racing series and hopefully drive in the Le Mans 24 Hours one day
More about Gerald:
Gerald is a petrol head. Friends and family aside, all he thinks about is racing racing and more racing. His love of cars started from a very young age, where he would play with toy cars for hours and hours without getting bored.
His first real encounter with cars was when he was 10, he got a ride in an EG6 with a huge “DOHC” logo on the side. The VTEC sound intoxicated young Gerald and sealed his love for cars and driving. Till today, the EG6 is still a legend.
His first car was a manual BMW E36 318is Coupe where he honed his heel and toe technique. Lets just say that there wasn’t much of a clutch to speak off after 9 months of abuse. After the BMW came the STI and his first trip to Malaysia’s Sepang International Circuit. His love for racing deepened with his participation of trackdays, 5 lap CCTs (we had these back in the day) and time attacks.
Gerald’s racing career started in 2008 where he took part in the 12 hour Millenium Merdeka Endurance Race in a honda Integra DC2R. His team was in first position after 5 hours, it was then where the car started to misfire. The team dropped from first to 10th as they pitted to fix the problem. After the problem was solved, the team fought back brilliantly into 2nd place, then disaster! The engine blew after 11 hours and 54 minutes! Gerald and the team were devastated. A podium chance down the drain.
Since then Gerald has taken part in the 2009 and 2010 MME in search of podium honours.